Saturday, October 30, 2010

Amazon links

A special thanks to those readers who have used my links to purchase items from Amazon. In case you don’t know, I get a small referral fee for anything you buy during your shopping session after you’ve clicked on one of my links—it could be a book, clothing, electronics, you name it. And since Halloween is upon us, that means that the Christmas shopping season is nigh. I mention this only because I’m striving to improve on the sub-fifty-cents-an-hour wages I get for writing this blog. I know, I know, it should be a labor of love but sometimes even love needs stoking.

3 comments:

  1. Done. And if you'd like another, please point me to your fave book on testing trading systems/strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my mind the best book is Perry J. Kaufman's New Trading Systems and Methods, 4th ed. But you might also want to take a look at Robert Pardo, The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies. Other titles are Howard Bandy, Quantitative Trading Systems (particularly useful if you use Amibroker)and Urban Jaekle & Emilio Tomasini, Trading Systems. You can check all of these out and see which one you think is best based on reader reviews and sample pages available on Amazon. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoy your blog and would be interested in seeing, every now and then, a list of your favorites. Perhaps the "best new books on technical analysis" or some other lists of your choosing.

    ReplyDelete