Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Book sale

Once again, I’m offering readers of this blog an opportunity to get books that I’ve reviewed at cut-rate prices.

Here’s the deal. I will sell the books on the first list for half the current official Amazon U.S. price plus the cost of domestic media mail—figure between $3 and $3.50 for a single title, less per book for multiple titles. (I’m willing to ship outside the U.S., but shipping charges can be prohibitive.) Books on the second list I’ll part with for a third of the Amazon price. If outside sellers on Amazon are offering new copies for less than that price, I’ll match them. Orders that total over $100, excluding shipping, will be eligible for an additional 10% discount.

As I’ve written many times before, the books are officially used because, yes, I read them. But I have one of the tiniest “book footprints” on the planet; my used books look better than most new books at the local bookstore. No dog ears, no coffee—or, in my case, tea—stains, no visible fingerprints.

In deference to the publishers who so kindly supply me with review copies, I am not offering anything I have reviewed in the last three months.

If you would like to buy any of these books, please email me at readingthemarkets@gmail.com. My preferred method of payment is PayPal. I’ll fill “orders” on a first come, first served basis and I’ll update the list as I receive payment.

So, here goes with

LIST ONE:

Anson et al., The Handbook of Traditional and Alternative Investment  Vehicles
Bernstein, The Power of Gold (paper)
Byers, Blind Spot (stamped “review copy not for resale” on bottom    edge)
Caliskan, Market Threads (stamped “review copy not for resale” on  bottom edge)
Doty, Bloomberg Visual Guide to Municipal Bonds
Esperti et al., Protect and Enhance Your Estate, 3rd ed. (paper)
Fogarty & Lamb, Investing in the Renewable Power Market
Frush, The Strategic ETF Investor
Klein, Dalko, and Wang, Regulating Competition in Stock Markets
Kolb, Financial Contagion
Malz, Financial Risk Management
Phillipson, Adam Smith
Rahemtulla, Where in the World Should I Invest?
Schneeweis et al., The New Science of Asset Allocation
Sklarew, Techniques of a Professional Commodity Chart Analyst
Standard and Poor’s 500 Guide, 2012 ed. (paper)
Stoken, Survival of the Fittest for Investors
Toma, The Risk of Trading
Wagner, Trading ETFs, 2d ed.
Weiss, The Big Win


LIST TWO:

Au, A Modern Approach to Graham & Dodd Investing
Ayache, The Blank Swan
Bhuyan, Reverse Mortgages and Linked Securities
Biggs, A Hedge Fund Tale of Reach and Grasp
Diacu, Mega Disasters (stamped “review copy not for resale” on top  edge)
Dobson & Reimer, Understanding Spreads (paper)
Fraser, Wall Street: America’s Dream Palace (paper)
Harstad, Live It Up! But Don’t Outlive Your Income (paper)
Isbitts, The Flexible Investing Playbook
Levinson & Horowitz, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (paper)
Sorkin, Too Big to Fail
Standard & Poor’s 500 Guide, 2011 ed. (paper)
Triana, The Number That Killed Us
Wasendorf, The Secret Keys to Smart Investing (paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment